MINDFULNESS BASED STRESS REDUCTION
A willingness to commit to attending all eight classes and the all day retreat will ensure the greatest opportunity for achieving maximum benefit from the MBSR program.
$660 / person
Dates for MBSR Program for:
Term 4 Oct/Nov/Dec 2018:
6.30pm – 9pm
Week 1: October 8
Week 2: October 15
Week 3: October 22
Week 4: October 29
November 5 Program break for Melbourne Cup weekend.
Week 5: November 12
Week 6: November 19
All Day Sunday November 25
9.30am – 4pm
Week 7: November 26
Week 8: December 3
6.30pm to 9pm
MBSR was established in 1979 by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. The program was developed for people suffering chronic illness and stress that was not responsive to conventional medical treatment. MBSR introduces participants to a range of mindfulness practices that foster awareness, acceptance and compassion towards their own internal experiences including thoughts, emotional states, body sensations and behaviours. There has been a significant body of research that demonstrates the wide-ranging benefits of MBSR.
Mindfulness Based Stress reduction (MBSR) is an eight week experiential program. In this course you will learn to cultivate life long tools that will help you live more fully with resilience and to manage better the challenges and demands of everyday life.
This program offers guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices, gentle mindful movement of the body, dialogue and discussion in a group setting.
The MBSR program involves:
- 2½ hour classes once a week for eight weeks and a full day retreat.
- Guided mindful meditation
- Mindful movement practices
- An exploration of the effects of stress on the body and mind
- Learning tools for applying mindfulness in everyday life
- Provides opportunities to discuss what has been experienced in the class and in home practice
How will MBSR benefit me?
- Improved resilience in the face of stress
- Greater sense of meaning and purpose in life
- Increased sense of contentment with life as it is
- Greater levels of attention and concentration
- More self compassion
- Greater capacity for creativity and problem solving
- Improved immunity
- Diminished suffering from pain and anxiety
If you withdraw from the course after week 1 you can obtain a refund less $50 admin fee.
Cancellations are possible five days prior to the commencement of a course or workshop, however a $25 processing fee applies in all cases.
If you are unable to complete the course due to serious illness or other crisis we are happy to review these circumstances and may provide a credit note so that you can enroll in a future course. Please email the teacher of your course as soon as you are aware that you cannot continue and your situation can be reviewed.
Courses occasionally run over school holidays and on public holidays. Please check your availability at these times.